Monday, April 5, 2010

Random brain break

I am taking a moment to give my brain a break. So, just a few random thoughts on my mind:

~ Ham. I ate a full piece of ham yesterday for the first time in at least 16 years. I ate it because my husband made it, it's what we were serving for Easter and I was hungry, and I am a little tired of not eating the things that everyone else eats. C. made two kinds - smoked and glazed - and they were both wonderful. (I made scalloped potatoes and glazed pineapples, for anyone who thinks I am a holiday kitchen slacker. I also made a roasted veggie quiche for C. for breakfast.)

~ Sisters. I really, really miss my sisters. They live in the same metro area, but they are 1.5 hours and 45 minutes away, respetively, and I just don't see them as often as I would like. I wonder if this is a byproduct of marriage? Being a newlywed, I'm not sure.

~ Friends. Ditto the above for my closest girlfriends.

~ I need to find a way to see people more often. Maybe we'll make another ham and some scalloped potatoes and have everyone over.

~ I have never considered myself a great hostess, but I think I do OK as C.'s backup. Maybe we should host more dinner parties in general?

~ I had a really nice weekend with the stepkids. It was a perfect balance. They spent Easter morning with their mom and it gave C. and me some quiet time, but it was also nice to color eggs with them the night before and to have them for our late afternoon Easter dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment